Thursday 7 November 2013

Computer Woes - cant add a post, will keep trying

It seems that the only way I can put a post up at the moment is via my phone. Oh it's at times like this that I wish I was very technically savvy. It is so frustrating that I have so much I want to say and can't get it onto my blog. My keypad on the phone is tiny and as I have already confessed, typing is not my greatest virtue. Drat it all.
 My backspace button gets a fair workout.

I have started telling folk at work that I am leaving - the responses are really interesting. Some people immediately light up and say good on you, that's fabulous; others say, where is Karratha?; and others first utterance is, gosh it will be hot, won't it? The few that are truly delighted for us, is heart warming and they obviously are the ones that I am going to seek for encouragement and support.

My very dear friend, Kerry, wants to give me a little send off. I just wanted to slink away, but apparently that won't be happening. I spoke to Chris and he said, basically, that I should feel honoured that I have friends that will want to say See Ya! He also pointed out that I would want to do the same for one of my good mates so to be gracious and even though it willbe hard, to smile and say, thank you.
I just don't want to cry in front
 Of everyone, which of course is well on the cards.

The good news for the week is that I have had several lines marked through items on The List!! Yay, go me. Everytime I mark something off, I feel a little better, not so frantic.

I have also got over the novelty of Chris being away. Now I just really miss him and want him back.  Two weeks though and I will be with him. The separation is difficult, but hey suck it up, Kathy, it's not that long.  The tiredness and joint aches are wearing me down a bit as well. Tried sleeping in the spare bed and I think that's a little better.
Anyway my lovelies, I will try posting tomorrow about the information I found about superannuation and LWOP.

No comments:

Post a Comment