Saturday 23 November 2013

I'm Here

Oh my goodness, so much has happened since I last wrote.  I have ben experiencing computer probs again, so that took me a while to figure out, othwise I would have written sooner.  More than one way to skin a cat....not that I would skin a cat, Emily, honestly it's just a saying.

Well I have arrived in Karratha and from the little I have seen, I reckon we will be pretty well set here.

The house is really big and well set out, brand new with four big bedrooms.  Most things that we will need are here, but I wil be bringing up a few of my wants. Like  decent frying pan.  I cooked Chris bacon and eggs for breakfast and the coating on the tiny fry pan came off onto to the bacon. Added protein, I think not. 
Small thing but if I have it at home, why not here? I can bring our good stuff up here.

The town of Karratha is undergoing a big spruce up.  There are major works in progress in the town centre to open it up and increase the roads and parking.  They have recently opened a huge, big leisure centre which has pools, netball courts, volleyball courts etc. We are going up there for a look later today.

Everything that we need shopping wise is here, banks, Target, The Mart, Woolies, Coles and lots of little specialty shops. I was amused the other night, we called into the bottleo to get a couple of  coldies and it is a drive thru in the true sense of the words.  The young lady comes up to the car, you dont even have to get out of the car!!  I made my first friend, as we left she said "Bye Girl."

People here are very friendly and welcoming.

Of course the fact that I have already scored a job, makes it even more attractive.  I will start work the week after we come back in January, being the relief administration person at the Nickol Bay Hospital. So every time someone makes a crack about the weather, I will just smile and think of the money. The financial advantage of working in Karratha is very appealing.

The weather cracks, I must say, are really starting to annoy Chris. After all, you do get weather everywhere and it seems to be the thing that all folk moan about no matter where they live. Too hot, too cold; too dry, too wet etc etc. And it's one of the few things in this world that you can do naught about :)

As the lady said to me yesterday, who conducted my job interview, the summer here is like the winter in the south. In winter, you stay in by the fire, dont go outside unless you need to and pretty much hibernate. Well that's what we will do in summer.  In winter we will go camping, have lots of BBQs and get out and about. It's all to do with adapting and learning to go with the flow.

We have both done it before and I am confident we can do it again.  I will get off here now and go spend time with Christopher, after all that's what I'm here for ;)










No comments:

Post a Comment