Friday 15 November 2013

A Little Lapse in Happy Face

You know I have been doing pretty good.  Most days I smile and laugh and forget that in just 6 sleeps, I will no longer work at the LGH  (Launceston General Hospital) and will be saying a temporary goodbye to some of my friends and a true goodbye to a lot of others. 

I try to remain positive so that I don't bring down Chris and I don't worry him; he is too far away to be worrying about me and things that he can't help me with right when I need it. It is bad enough when he calls and I am tired and just want to go to bed.  That three hour time difference can be a bitch at times.

Most of the time, I just tootle along and do what needs to be done.  Every now and then I get a little sad face when I think about leaving my mates but you know what makes it better? 

My true lovely friends,  that's what. These are the ones that are happy for us because they know that this is something that not only do we want to do but something that we need to do for our future. These are the ones who make it so much easier for me. 

The ones that are happy for us and encourage us really buoy me.  Especially when I am missing Chris and having to think of many things myself. Especially when some of the brown stuff hits the fan and splatters.                
                    
Cue the Sad Face:

sad face clip art

Today we had just such one of those moments  at work.  I thought that I was being helpful but in point of the actual, I side stepped the correct and proper way to do something - not the end of the world normally except that it involved Chris and his new manager and the managers manager.  Oh dear,  it was a bit much for me, I just dissolved into Wet Eye Syndrome.  I felt so bad that I may have embarrassed Chris with his boss.

Chris was so sweet; he assured me that this was not the case but I still felt really bad.  Add in a bit of tiredness (OK a mountain of tiredness), missing Chris and dealing with a negative, it became just a bit OTT for me. 

And there were the mates, Karen and Hannah, saying and doing all the right thing, making me feel OK. And Hannah giving an in-depth and very visual description of our reunion at the airport, complete with me doing a full on knee slide the length of the arrival hall in Karratha Airport straight into Chris' waiting arms! If I were on my knees though, I would actually miss his arms by about 70 cms!

Thanks Guys, you're the best :)

Cue the Happy Face:



No comments:

Post a Comment