Thursday 7 November 2013

Another Appointment Done

Last night I had an appointment with my superannuation company.  I had quite a few Questions about how being on long service leave and then Leave Without Pay will effect my superannuation.  My main concern is that being on leave will negate my life insurance policy which  is attached to my super plan. 
 When I first got there,  I was met by a nice chap and asked to take a seat.  I was about four minutes late and apologized for that but then the person who was going to be my consultant,  was late but he never apologized.  Bad form, that kinda put me on edge and got my back up a bit. 
 Anyway, I settled in and asked him all the questions that were on my list.  Apparently I can make contributions back to RBF no matter where or who I work for.  I want To keep putting contributions in myself to keep the policy growing because my super is the greater of the two of ours.  Plus as I am A fair bit younger than Chris, so I will need to work for quite a few more years than Chris.
The other main question I had was the projection that my super looks like being worth by the time that I would like to retire at.  The consultant advised me to work in some capacity until I reach 60 years of age, that way the tax will not be quite as much and that will be a good thing.
 I need to make sure that my planning is as well thought out as possible to take advantage of our financial circumstances over the next few years ago.   But a lot of that will be a guessing game.


















No comments:

Post a Comment