Saturday 30 November 2013

Cutting off the Knots

You know I was reading a book the other day when I was struck by  a phrase that just sang to me off the page. I would like to share that with you as sometimes we need a nudge to do something that we have wanted to do for quite some time.

Speaking of time, and we are now, as a small digressive move :) , it is only three weeks till the house will be full to the brim again. Chris will be home in three weeks; Emily and Farooq will be home two days before him; then Danika and Shaun arrive closer to C. Day!  There will not be a more excited household in Launceston than right here on this street at No. 20!


Some of the beautiful people heading my way soon 

The fly in the ointment though is the huge amount of work that I need to complete before then. Those blasted lists are back with a vengeance. There is always a fly, isn't there.

I had Dad and two sisters here when I got back from Karratha on Thursday, which was lovely. I was talking to Dad about the move and everything and I said to him that even though I am going to be exhausted, tired and worn out by the time Christmas rocks around, I am happy.  I am happy that I can do all these jobs that I need to do. I am happy that I have been able to finish "work" sooner than I thought, to enable me the luxury of only having 1 full time job to do instead of two. I am happy that all this planning is going to lead to us having a great new adventure.

This is a good place to insert the Happy Face 

Anyway back to that book; There have often been times in my life when I really needed to let something go. For my own health; my own sanity; for the end to relentless ruminations in my head at night when I should be sleeping.

I'm not good at letting things go.  Chris will back me up here as he has been on the rough end of the pineapple at times with this particular fault of mine.  Pig headed determination can be a good thing at times but ....anyway you get the picture.

People let you down, you can be certain of that.  The choice that we have about that is to let it go and get over it, or doctor it along like a festering pimple.  The more you poke at it, the redder and more irritated it becomes; A sore tooth that you just cannot leave alone. 

When people let me down, I tend to think that it is my fault - that I must have done something to cause that.  Instead of just thinking, "well that's human nature for you - people can be shits".  A hurt person hurts; a happy person is too busy being happy to want to out and out hurt someone else.

I would like to think that as I get older I get wiser.  At times I get that down pat.  Other times not so much.  But I am learning. I am learning to let it go, to not keep poking that sore tooth with my tongue until both are so sore that I cant think or talk of anything else.

The thing that I would like to share is this - Sometimes you just need to cut the knot off instead of trying to unravel the mess. 

Sounds really simple doesn't it?  I'm going to leave that with you cos I need to think a bit more about it too.

Hope that everyone is having a lovely sunny Saturday. Thank you to the lovely people who are leaving positive encouraging comments, I love those.  Remember you can leave a comment, you may need to set yourself up a Google profile but that's easy :)

Next post I will put up some photos of the new house in Karratha.

1 comment:

  1. I too am plagued at times by my stubborninity (yes It's a word, I made it up if it isnt) but in the end when you are let down you've gotta realise that there's nothing you can do about it, so just smile and let it slide. Although I am blessed by not having a very good memory, It's a lot easier for me to forget things... :-)

    ReplyDelete