Friday 9 May 2014

The Joy of Marriage

So it is Friday again, end of Week 14. Fourteen weeks, I cannot believe it.  It is true what everyone says, life does go on, amazing as that is. I think that I am glad that my life is still going on.  I would have missed out on a lot otherwise. Plus I have to experience everything twice, once for me and once for Chris.

The last few months have been jam packed; as full as a fat girls sock!

Emily and Farooq's wedding on April 5th was definately a high point.  A beautiful day filled with happy memories of family and friends being of one heart - all celebrating the beautiful love that can happen between two people.  A love that shuts out everyone else but embraces them all at the same time. A generous love that shares with other people the special joy of an intimate moment.

It is a love that only Emily and Farooq really appreciate and understand as they are the core of it, the drivers of that love and the nurturers of their union.

Emily and Farooq have their whole lives in front of them to wallow in the comforting bliss of knowing that there is one other person in the 6 billion others sucking in oxygen that share our earth, that truly, unconditionally have chosen to love the other.


It is very powerful stuff. 

The love between your lover and you eclipses all others because that love is a decision. Unlike your child, mother, brother, etc whom you love because you share DNA, your life partner is the biggest choice you ever make.

Next month, the gorgeous Danika and her equally beautiful Shaun, will also take this magical step and join together their lives in holy matrimony. Can a mothers heart get any fuller?

Danika and Shaun have a truly lovely story but that is hers to tell, but if you see her, ask her about their story, it will make you cry with joy - it was fate; a blessing that just had to be bestowed; written in stone thousands of years ago :)  I carry on a bit but you get the picture.

So this year, I have become both a widow and a mother in law.  Two of the biggest occurrences in one's life surely.  I thank God that the two new sons I have are both wonderful caring men, whom I know will hold my daughters' hands and hearts with the utmost of care and devotion. How can I not be comforted and happy in that ?

No comments:

Post a Comment