Saturday 3 May 2014

Different Life, Different Title

I have been overwhelmed at the number of page views that my old blog, "From Tassie to Karratha" generated over the past couple of months. Maybe it was the same ten people checking in to see if I had updated with a new post! Whatever the case was, confusion ensued as to whether or not I had in fact still left for Karratha, without Chris.

Well, no, I haven't.  Those plans were for Chris and I; those plans involved and centred around Chris' new job.  I still had my position here at the hospital. I was just on Long Service Leave at the time Chris was diagnosed. My home is here, two thirds of my kids are here and my friends are scattered all over the place :) Something had to stay familiar and soothing, right?

So the need for a name change became more evident to me over the last few weeks.  So this is it.

From Now On


Seems appropriate, don't you think?

When I was writing the old blog, I had so many ideas of things I wanted to tell you. I thought they were interesting, I hope that you will too, when I finally get around to writing them down. there will also be new situations that come up that I will share my thoughts with you about.  Being sad, lonely, scared, grateful, appreciative, happy, all the memories of Chris.

So here we go.  The person is still the same person but the context and situation has drastically changed.  I can't promise that there won't be days when I will be maudlin, but I will endeavour to keep those to a minimum. The "journey" ahead will be alien to a lot of you, it is to me as well.  I just hope that by giving you an insight into what happens to an ordinary 52 year old woman who suddenly becomes a widow, will help you to understand either a bit about yourself or someone that crosses your path - be it by chance, in passing or one of your own loved ones.  That won't be all I write about though, so don't be put off thinking it will just be tears and chest beating.

Feel free to join in and leave comments - but I warn you, I will delete any that upset me - after all it's my blog and I will cry if I want to :) But only if I want to.

2 comments:

  1. you write so beautifully mate...i love to read your blog, be it sad , happy, grateful, whatever, i always seem to find something in your writings that lifts me up...so I will be reading for sure..thanks again for visiting today..i loved it..hugs Pauline

    ReplyDelete