Tuesday 31 December 2013

Goodbye 2013

Wow 2013 is nearly over! What a year of change it has been; adventures and new experiences.  I can hardly wait to see what 2014 will bring.  More change for one thing and more adventures. 



This is going to be my new motto for 2014.  I have to admit that I am anxious about saying goodbye.  If I could whisk us both to Karratha over night and be settled, moved in and steady, I would be really thrilled.

The downside to that though, of course, is that I would not get the chance to say goodbye. So it's a no win/no win situation.  I would like to save myself the upset of saying goodbye but I don't want to miss out on saying goodbye.  Make sense??  No, not to me either.

Back to 2013, before it is too late and it is 2014.

We had a great year which included travelling through France and the UK for 7 weeks; getting to know Chris' new little grand daughter, Scarlett (who is a delight) and having some lovely visits from the kids.  In 2013 Chris got a new job;  I had some wonderful hours spent in the playroom making all sorts of lovely bits and bobs. We had a couple of mini breaks, Freycinet, Hobart and Melbourne.  I read a few wonderful books and a couple of shite ones and saw some great movies.

Some friends moved away; some moved closer; we made some new friends and lost some as well. All in all we have been blessed, looked after, loved and most importantly, cherished in 2013.  We have been sick, had aches and pains and a couple of infections between us but still lucky enough to say that we are in good health. 

In 2014 we are facing one of our biggest years of change yet.  It will be adventurous, challenging, unsettling and uplifting. As long as we are together, I am OK with that.

I am looking forward to a new job, making new friends, seeing new places and experiencing new fun things to do. Through it all, I trust that I have the faith to remember that we are in the place that we are meant to be, doing what we are meant to be doing at a time that is just right for us.

So as we draw the blinds on 2013 and open the cupboard to let the New Year out, I want to wish you all the very best.  Here's to a new year of good health, loads of happy times and the best of life that friends, family and love can bring to you all.

Thanks for reading my thoughts and ramblings over the last couple of months and I hope that I can hold your attention again in 2014 for a few minutes every now  and then.






2 comments:

  1. And a Happy New Year to you. Your exciting adventure is about to begin !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, not long now till we get on the boat and set off. I think that is when it will finally sink in.

    ReplyDelete