Tuesday 3 December 2013

So Far, So Good

Today has been a really productive day.  I have finally got the go ahead from Chris' manager to make our bookings myself. So after a good sleep, I felt inspired to get stuck into the days list early. So early in fact that I went to message my BIL (brother in law) at 6.40 re printing.  Good thing, I didn't send it, they are not early risers.

The Spirit of Tassie was the first and easiest to book.  We have a cabin reserved due to set sail on January 13th at 2100. Dizzy's bed for the night will cost the grand sum of $22!  I certainly hope that he will be comfortable and not fret too much.

I am off to buy his pet carrier tomorrow and am going to put it in the sitting room where his little bed usually is.  That way I figure he will get used to the sight of it, if nothing else.  I am getting some spare blankies ready for the trip but giving them to him for a few hours, letting him play and sleep on them and then putting them away.  This is so I have a few spares, in case I need to throw a couple away.


See he loves his blankies

Dizzy went to the Vet this afternoon and he was well behaved, so I am telling myself that that bodes well for the boat and plane expeditions coming up.

I accidentally booked him onto the wrong flights when I did the animal freight booking.  When booking with Qantas pet freight, you have to get clearance from the airline to ensure that they have room on the flight you want before they can accept the booking.  So before I booked our seats, I had to make sure that they could fit Dizzy underneath. It was a nervous wait to hear back via email. When I received the confirmation to go ahead, that was when I realised I had made the reservation on the wrong QF!

After a 30 minute wait on hold, a lovely lady, called Tina, sorted it all out for me. Good to know for an ex Call Centre teacher like me that there are still excellent customer service representatives out there in telephone world.  Thanks Tina from Qantas Pet Freight.

Now Dizzy is sorted, bookings are made, the removalist is on standby for the appointed date and I am starting to feel much more relaxed.

The plan in all it's glory is now starting to come together nicely.  We will take the ferry over to Melbourne; drive just north of Geelong to spend the night with an old friend whom I have known since kindergarten; travel on to Victor Harbour to stay with dear friends, who have settled there recently.  After two days break we will leave the car in Adelaide and catch flights to Karratha. This will save us at least 7 days driving.  Better for us; better for Dizzy.

Now all I have to do, is get this house in some kind of order, pack away each and everything that we may need for our lives in Karratha and arrange to put the rest into storage.


1 comment:

  1. Dates... It's all official now and really happening. We will miss you miss K xxx

    ReplyDelete