Monday 2 December 2013

Mini Meltdown

Today is a most glorious day.  The weather is sublime and the ticks on the list are growing.  The fly today (as you know there is always a fly)  is that I am tired and stressed, more than usual.

The phone rang last night, late, with exciting news to impart! Fabulous good news, but I got too excited so hardly slept, even though at 2 a.m. I wandered around the house and got into another bed. So not nearly enough sleep when you wake up at 5.20 a.m.

Back to the melt down :( I am trying to get quotes for the personal effects, kitchen equipment, books, linen etc etc that we need to take to Karratha.  I need the quote to give to Chris' company to ensure their approval for costs.  Trouble is I can't get a quote until I know exactly what we are taking. Trouble is I can't tell them how much we are taking until I know that someone is going to pay for it !  See my quandary.

After four very frustrating phone calls and absolutely no joy, I went up to the local mover who I have been buying my boxes and bubble wrap from. Lovely fella named Dean, gave me a ball park figure, so at least I can kinda budget around that.  Thank you Dean, he obviously didn't want to see a grown lady crying in the office of the removalists.

So at least I can now say to Chris, "Well this is what it might look like." Talking to Chris did not help with the melting experience. He bore the brunt of that unfortunately.  I hope he knows that I don't actually mean to take it out on him;  the swearing might have helped with the stress in the short term.

I like to think that I am a realist; I think I know which way the cookie crumbles and I do know that this may be the first of the mini melt downs before January 13th (undoubtedly there will be major ones after that !).  However I just need to step aside for a minute and not keep pushing myself too hard; Or I will break not bend.
I have, after all, another two weeks before the kids come home and I should get it all done by then.

I think that I will pack up a couple more boxes and then reward myself with a movie and some quiet knitting. I still have a sleeve and the bands to do on Farooq's Christmas present, so gotta pay attention to that as well :)

I hope the neighbours like Bernard Fanning, cos that's what we are all listening to LOL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment