Monday 9 December 2013

Progress Update

The last few days I have been satisfyingly efficient. I have completed heaps of jobs and organised other tasks off The List.  Actually there is a new list every day, not so overwhelming that way  :)

The car is now confirmed for pick up from Adelaide on January 17th.  The removalist company representative is coming in the morning to give me a firm quote and bring me more boxes!  I have packed most of the possessions we are taking except for clothes and kitchen ware that we are still using and will use until after Christmas.

I took a car load of donations to the Charity shop this morning, that cleared up a heap of room in the living room.  I have already started another little pile, but this won't get as big as the last one, hopefully. 

The Playroom is mostly packed apart from one last quilt that I am cutting out ready to sew when we get settled in Karratha.  That will be Daughter D's wedding quilt ~ wheee

I have ordered a new chest of drawers from IKEA for our bedroom and some storage units for the WIR; and today I finally got in first for some new lounge chairs on Karratha, Buy, Swap and Sell.  That is one tough cookie to crack.  I have seen heaps of good lounges etc that are going quite reasonably, but by the time I see the ad, another person has already put a bid in or asked for the option on it.  It is a very popular site. 

Chris went to check out the chairs, two leather electric recliners.  Not that I really wanted electric anything, but we did want comfort.  Apparently the couple that were selling the chairs, bought the whole suite but only wanted the sofa.  Hence we got the two chairs, brand new, still in the wrapping, quite reasonably.  We will look out for a comfy sofa when I get there in January. Must have something for our visitors to sit on!

I heard from the HR Team leader at Nickol Bay Hospital today.  She was calling to confirm that she had received all the pre-employment paperwork that I filled out last week.  Another reason she called was to check again my start date: January 28th!

The house is looking empty.  Most of the pictures are off the walls and all of the little things are gone from sidebaords, book  shelves and bench tops. Even the linen is pared down to the bare essentials.  Just enough to tide us over the Christmas period with the family at home.  

I changed my bank details for my pay and also for the salary packaging - two more ticks. I even had time today to vacuum out the car and the garage/downstairs. The little things count as well :)

So even though this is the most  boring post in blogland history, I feel that I have passed a huge milestone over the last few days. I am not as stressed and am sleeping better.  I think a little celebration is in order. I might go visit a friend tomorrow, have a lovely cup of tea and chill. 

4 comments:

  1. I just wrote a comment and it disappeared so I'll try again! I wish I was close enough to be the friend you are going to share a cuppa and chill with... So glad you're less stressed. Keep it that way, my dear xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping that's the case Chris, over did it a bit yesterday though, paid for it last night and this morning :(

      Delete
  2. That quilt... I can't wait to see. Bound to be the most heartfelt quilt thus far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it will be nice to work on it, the hardest part is getting it all cut out ready :)

      Delete