Sunday 27 October 2013

Sun Shiney Sunday

Busy day, but an excellent day because the sun was shining, I had gotten up really early - thanks Dizzy Dog! but as it was, a good thing.

Last night my sister, brother, son and I all went out to a fund raiser Trivia Night! Lots of laughter and even a few right answers :) We had a great night  even though it ended up being a late night by my standards.  so at 6.20 this morning, when Dizzy decided it was time to start bouncing about, I was still very tired.  I thought I might be able to outsmart him; I let him out for a pee and then took his bed into my bedroom and shut the door so he wouldn't wake up the "guests".

So there I was dozing and Dizzy was trotting back and forth to the ensuite and then to the bed.  After  awhile, I thought, oh stinker, he has farted. Well no actaully he had poohed on the bedroom floor. Bugger that's another "How to Get Dizzy to Sleep In "plan foiled!  I guess you just can't mess with a little dogs daily habits!

So early start, dishes done, washing on, guests farewelled,  waterd plants, swept up the yard etc and then off to the markets for fresh eggs, flowers, a few pots and a beautiful old Sheffield Steel vintage knife and an excellent old silver tablespoon - perfect for cup cake icing! Happy as a lark, I head off home to start a bit of sorting and more chores. 

Had a rifle through my jewellery for re-homing, planted the pots that I got at the markets, put aside some books and CDs/DVDs for re-sale (or charity shop) and then onto a bit of sewing. I am making hankies out of gorgeous soft Japanese lawn.  These are so much nicer than bought handkerchiefs and in much more interesting fabrics. Plus something hand sewn is so much nicer to receive than a store bought item. Love in every stitch :)

I love having a productive day where you get to cross heaps off your list - even if it is only a mental list. Crossing them off gives me a real lift.
Chris rang and we had a lovely long  chat - he seems to be doing really well.  I cant wait to see our new home and start making it our own little nest.

At times today, I got really quite emotional and a couple of times I had to stop what I was doing because I was going to cry. Silly things like looking at photos of the kids when they were little tackers, putting some clothes in  Chris' wardrobe and other mundane things.  I miss the girls so much as well as Chris.   Thank God I have Jonathan here with me, bless his dear heart.
Jonathan
 
 
Chris calls me twice a day plus a few texts just to let me know what he is doing.  It's not as good as having him here but at least I can talk to him. I am very appreciatice of his daily contact and love hearing from him.

I am winding down for a real early night - I ache all over and have asthma, so after a nice cuppa - it's off to bed. 

1 comment:

  1. Remember it is more important to look after yourself than to do!

    ReplyDelete