Friday 25 October 2013

Settling in

Chris has been in Karratha for five days now and I must admit that the time has gone quite quickly.  I am fairly used to having him away from home.  In the 18 years that we have been together, he has always travelled for his work.  When we first met, Chris was a partner in a metal recycling business which meant travel away from home, intra or interstate, at least every fortnight.  I got used to being home alone either with the children or in later years by myself. 

For the first few days, it is quite pleasant; you get lots of bit and bobs done; time alone to just read or vege out in front of a movie, sewing  - whatever I felt like really.  But inevitably something would go wrong and it would usually be when Chris was away. At that time, all I wanted was for him to be here with me.
Like the time that our little Love Pup, Max, had a stroke and had to be put to sleep - Chris was away that time. Thank Goodness for our lovely neighbour who went with me to the vets and then helped me bring Max home again.  My wonderful B-I.-L came over and dug the hole in the garden to bury Max; God I cried buckets.

It was an awful night and I know Chris felt horrid for being away, but that's the way of things isn't it - shit happens and normally at the worst time. Actually when is it a good time for shit to happen??
But I  digress....this week has not been too bad because I had my daughter and S-I-L here till Monday night and my beautiful  Jonathan lives downstairs. "And Then" brother Ian arrived last night, so my cup runneth over at present. 
I'm sure it has been worse for Chris than I. My time will come when I am missing him badly.  At least I can call him, taking into account of course the three hour time difference.

So The List has had a respite for a few days. No doubt once I am home alone, it will get another kick along.

It is only three and a half weeks until I leave work - a place that I have been employed at in various roles for  9 years. That's a post for another day though.

And its only three and a half weeks until I go to Karratha for the weekend.
 

It is Friday evening and I have a brother to talk to, washing to attend to and a little dog to lavish some attention on cos I reckon he is missing his Dad.

If anyone is reading along at this stage, have a good weekend :)

 
My Beloved

1 comment: